Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Buffer post

Two good posts by my friend Gadling.

I want to write something about Bombay but this post says it all.

The Spiderman post reminded me of a great day in my childhood.

"Spiderman, Spiderman, fendy naygago Spiderman. Hooray, he is the Spiderman!"

That's what I remember of my version of the lyrics of the theme song which I used quite successfully during my 1st standard fancy dress competition in school.

My dad sat up all night designing a black and white costume for me. He got an old white kurta pajama, white gloves and a white mask with holes in the right places, stitched by the friendly neighbourhood tailor. He then painted black spider webs all over the costume with a pretty realistic spider around the chest area for added effect. When I woke up the next morning, I thought my dad was a genius! He helped me perfect the low crouching spidey walk and tried to correct my lyrics but when I protested he agreed that my mumbo-jumbo made a lot of sense.

So, I show up for the competition and the friendly neighbourhood relatively rich kid has a garish red and blue spiderman costume that his parents bought for him. I was insanely jealous.

When it was my turn on the stage, I did my spidey walk and musical rendition quite well. Then the rich kid walks to the stage, stands there for a few seconds and walks off the stage. What a dumbass!

Needless to say, I totally kicked his ass and won the competition. The first significant achievement of my life. Thanks Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Summer Showers said...

Baby-Spiderman pics, please!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Summer Showers said...

BTW when's the right time to update your post of the 28th of June?

Waiting...

11:05 PM  
Blogger Summer Showers said...

Time to update your blog and elucidate on your post of June 28, 2006.

Congratulations!!!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr.Spiderman..
its been an age you have updated your post, just wanted to ensure you are fine and enjoying life..
hope to read more of you sometime soon.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home